Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Beach

This was written while I was sitting on the beach earlier this evening.

As I sit here on the beach thinking about life.  I see the ocean and the waves rolling in.  The mountains in the distance and the fisherman in the cove.  And I think of how different this "home" to me is than the home where I grew up.  Texas is in a drought the whole place is about to burst into flames.  How it is so green and beautiful.  I love them both so much.  Neither is "bad" or "good" just different.

I think of people, how I am hard working, task oriented, blow over people, get the job done.  Others are let's meet the people, see where they are at, worry about the job later, if ever.  Neither is just different.  Both states are in need of so many things.  But they are how God made them.  Just as I need to grow and see the people involved in the job.  God gave me drive it just needs to be tweaked for his ultimate glory.

Two lives, two states, all beautiful, perfect creations, they just all need God's help.  None are all God has for them.  But am I open to the pain that comes with change?  Will I grit my teeth, endure, prevail, and become more like Christ.  Or will I stay stuck in my ways refusing to budge.  Not only being less effective, but hurting the kingdom at the same time.  I am not sure where I am at.  But I am praying for the heart to accept change.
The Beach where I will be serving this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment