Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Beginnings

Coming back to Eugene after Christmas has brought many new beginnings and several ways to adjust my perspective on a daily basis. 

Learning to see the beauty of each day is something I have had to do daily. Coming from the state of Texas sunshine is what I've grown up with. The constant fog and gray skies has been a little difficult. But each and every gray day has something beautiful in it. I don't have to worry about when it will rain next, or if the grass will be green this spring. I can see the reflection of the street lamps as the fog rolls in thicker. 

Some things I just need to let go of, they aren't as important as I seem to think they are. It isn't all that important that I have to figure out a new schedule. Or that dog hair is on my clothes. They are just little things in the grand scheme of things. Will I let them get in the way of doing all I was made to do? Or will I just deal with them and move on? 

Being free to let go and just be in Christ has become my new lesson to learn. I can either let the gray weather darken my mood and make me sad and depressed every day. Or I can see the beauty of each day and rejoice in all God has given me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment