Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Identity

During my time in Georgia I was able to be a part of a wonderful body of believers. While there I quickly became known as "Alaska." Not just in passing, but truly that was my identity. Everyone called me that. It was on the contact info in their phones. Even those who only knew me through other people, called me Alaska.

Alaska was such a part of me and my conversations it's what people associated with me. Clearly my passion for Alaska showed so strongly that, that is what became my identity. It's what people saw when I spoke about home. It poured out of every fiber of my being. So much so that friends in Alaska banned me from posting on social media about missing it so I would focus on my time in Georgia.

This realization made me ponder what people see in me when they interact with me. Does my love for Christ come out and so envelope me that, that is what they see? Do I speak of Jesus with such a great passion and love that people see Him in me? That people want to know Him more because of me?

As believers we often talk about how our identity is in Christ. Easy to say, incredibly difficult to truly live by. Where is your identity? Is whose you are so evident that friends of friends know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment