Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 17, 2011

Thoughts

Today as I sit on the coach wrapped in a fleece blanket, socks, and hoodie because our heater is not working (my thermostat says my room is 62 F) I realized something.  First, I had an awesome weekend with the Beanlands.  Like Mom and Dad said after Keith and Chris came to pheasant hunt it is amazing to see how great Christian fellowship is.  I stepped into their home and instantly felt welcomed by Julie, and when we sat down to eat.  The laughter and teasing started immediately.  By everyone at the table including Kyle.  To make what could be a really long story short, I had such an awesome weekend and I once again realize how amazingly blessed I am.  
Second, as I start this new semester it is a time for new beginnings.  A time for me to focus on what is important.  At the top of my list is my relationship with Christ, second my relationship with those around me here at TAMU.  Third my relationship with the friends and family I am separated from.  And mixed in the middle of all that is my school work and new job. 
An amazing women I met this summer told me that in high school she focused on school and when she got to college she decided that she would focus on her relationships instead of just focusing on school.  She is so wise and this semester I hope to take her advice in every decision I make.  Know off to dinner with friends and then for the first day of school tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment