Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 28, 2011

1 Thessalonians 2:8


One of the things we did last weekend during the Baptist Student Ministries Leadership Retreat was, a memorization and meditation time.  They had several cards with verses laying out, one of the verses they had was 1 Thessalonians 2:8  “We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.”  As soon as I saw it I knew it was the verse I wanted to work on.  
As I sat on the couch reading over this verse, I thought back to my summer in Alaska.  This verse describes our team from this summer to a “t.”  I wrote a little in my journal.  “1 Thessalonians 2:8-This verse jumped out at me.  It spoke what I feel in my heart so well.  Not only am I delighted to share the gospel with the people of Alaska, but my life too.  What makes me laugh, what makes me  cry, what hurts, what comforts, where I grew up, who my family is.  Everything about me is theirs to know because I love them so much.”  
I don’t care if it hurts me to share, if it helps one person, then it is worth all the pain.  I had the privilege to share with one person this summer some of my life experiences.  While it hurt to share them, I know it helped, and that was all that mattered.  If sharing the mistakes I have made can help one person get through what I have gone through, or better yet, keep them from making the same mistakes.  It is worth all the pain and heartache I might feel while sharing them.  The people of Alaska have become so dear to me not only will I share with them, but I want to share with them.  I love when God speaks to me through His word.  And I really love it when a verse both encourages and challenges me all at the same time.  So that was my cool moment of the weekend, besides getting back to school and all the great people here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment