Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A crazy week, the Short and Long versions

This past week has been one of the craziest, strangest, most amazing, mind blowing, God's grace and love revealing week I have had in a really long time. So here goes the short version.


Short Version:
I was asked to help drive a vehicle up to Alaska. So on May 5, I am leaving Texas and headed north on an adventure I have wanted to take for a while, but didn't think I would make for several years. I will work up there for a few days until I fly back to Texas on May 21. The end :) For the long version keep reading.

Long Version:
Monday night a friend told me that one of the women that has become like a mom to me, is flying down to Texas. I called found out what was going on and what her plans where. So we made tentative plans to road trip to go see her. Tuesday I was asked if it so happened that the lady moving from Texas to Alaska was able to trade in her truck for a car, would I be willing to help drive it up. I said yes I will consider it, but I can't make any promises.

While I wanted to be able to say yes. I honestly did not think I would be able to. There where several things that would have to work out perfectly for me to be able to go. First, the truck had to get traded in. I had to get a final changed to earlier. I had to talk with Mom and Dad about getting home later. And kind of important I had to find out if I would have a passport.

I had at one time considered going overseas this summer, so I reapplied for it April 10, because it expired at the end of May. The passport is supposed to take 4-6 weeks to be delivered. Well by some miracle I might be able to get it before we would need to leave.

Wednesday night I got the message that the truck was traded in and there was a need for my help if I would be able go. That night my parents gave me the blessing to go if everything else worked out. Found out I can get into Canada without a passport, but I can't get out. That helps me so much.

Thursday morning I called the passport office, thinking that maybe I would be able to go to Houston and get my passport that way. But I was told that my passport was in the process of being mailed out and should be in Perryton in 3-5 days. Wow! Praise the Lord that was amazing! and not at all expected.

So then I was down to getting my test changed. Thursday night I got to tell some of my friends what I was going to get to do. When I told two of my friends that are getting to serve as summer missionaries this summer they where ecstatic for me. I was totally blown away by how excited they where for me. It made me realize how blessed I am to have the friends I do. Ones that are so excited I get to go to Alaska even though I will be there when they aren't and when their there I'm not. But they where still totally excited for me which totally made my day.

Friday my professor told me I was not the first person to ask if I could take the test early and that she was going to try to have it ready about a week early. Which is perfect for me. So all the hurdles I feared would not allow me to go. Where in fact movable and I am off for a huge adventure in may.

So to all of you who I said I would not see for months, I am blessed to be able to say I will be there for a short while in May. And for those I said I would see in a few weeks, well...it will be more like a month before I make it back to Perryton.

And I promise I will post updates and pictures from our time crossing the country.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad that I won't see you till later this summer, but girl, what an adventure. You better take pictures and write all the good stuff down! Be careful.
    Katy

    ReplyDelete