Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Familly

This past weekend was Parents weekend here in Aggieland. While my family was not able to be here, I had an amazing weekend. Saturday was totally different than what I had planned. I woke up thinking I will go to work for a couple hours. Go home and do some homework, and take a nap. Then head back to the BSM for the banquet, then possibly Breakaway after.

Well when I got to work, I started thinking and decided I would go to Kylee and Katelyns soccer games. Since I had not seen Katelyn play yet. So I worked, went to two soccer games, got sunburnt, ate lunch with the Gilstraps, made two girls day by caring about them enough to watch them play. Talking to Kylee why her sister played, and having Katelyn sit on my lap while Kylee played where pricless. Was I hot, and burning, yes, but I would not trade it for the world.

I did get my nap in, though it was short. Then got dressed for banquet. I ended up serving during banquet which was great, it is a huge blessing to be able to show support of my fellow students by letting them enjoy time with their families. Even if it was a little strange to be dressed up and serving.

I then went to Breakaway and met up with two of my teammates from this summer. It was great to get to see Mia, it is amazing to think about how close we all became over the course of the summer. At the end of Breakaway Ben asked everyone to pray as families. Not only was part of my Alaska family there, but the "real" family of one of my teammates was there as well. I have been blessed to be welcomed into their home on multiple occasions, and each time I gain so many blessings. When I was asked to join their family as they prayed together, I was suprised. But it was extremely cool. I know these people care about me and have already done many things to help me in life. From advice, to planning, to taking care of me.  Long story short, I loved that moment.

Then to round out the night we all went dancing together. To see so many different friends from several parts of my life come together to have fun was awesome. I stayed up way to late, but we had a blast. Sunday morning was a little rough, but I was extremely blessed in Sunday school by the community I have been able to be a part of.

Family comes in many forms, and this past weekend I realized how many I have been given. All are a blessing and I love them all.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    You are such a blessing to our family. We are so honored to be a part of your life and to get to see how God is working in yours. Our girls have such a wonderful role model in you. They get to see first hand how God intends Christian young ladies to conduct theirselves. You take time out to make them feel special and important and for that we are grateful. We Love You Sarah and we pray for you daily. May God bless you and guide you as you seek His will.

    We Love You to the Moon and Back!

    Frank, Tracy, Kylee and Katelyn

    ReplyDelete