Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 1, 2011

Mom

Earlier this week I wrote about how awesome my dad is.  And I needed to do that because I had to quit hiding and be more open.  So I am going to continue that trend today.  I have never been very good at telling people what I am feeling while I am with them, but if I write it down, it usually makes sense and is more accurate.  So today I want to write about my mom.

Mom has to be the one person I take for granted the most.  There were times in my life when I did not want anything to do with her.  I know now, that I deeply hurt her, yet she never stopped loving me.  All of my life Mom was more than just that motherly figure, she was also my teacher, and thankfully recently I have allowed her to be the friend she always wanted to be.

Not a lot of women can stay at home with eight kids, take care of the house, and educate her children.  My mom did all of that plus some, like living in a single wide trailer house for three years while we built a house.  Or just the fact that she is a farmers wife, and is constantly being thrown a different plan every few minutes.

All of these things contribute to making my mom the awesome amazing women she is, but the coolest thing to me is that she is all this while also being an amazing example of what a women of faith should be.  I know I made it hard on my mom for most of my life, and as much as I wish I could change that I can't.  All I can do is try to show how much she has impacted me, and how much I love and appreciate her.

So Mom, just like Dad you are my hero, and I can't thank you enough for raising me the way you did.
"Her children arise and call her blessed;"

No comments:

Post a Comment