Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bucket List

So I decided it was time to update my bucket list and create a new one for my year in Oregon. Here is my original list with an update on what I have completed and what I still have left to do.

  • Drive to Alaska
    • I did this in the spring of 2012. It was such an amazing opportunity. To see half the country, between Texas and Alaska. One week on the road with two and three of my favorite people. It was an awesome week and such a cool experience to see so much of our beautiful country and Canada.  
  • Get one of my stories published in print media
    • Still working on this one.
  • Visit New Zealand
    • Waiting for the right opportunity, this one is at the top of the list
  • Show Mom and the rest of my family the state I love (Alaska)
    • July 2013 all of my family, including my grandmother and brother in law went to Alaska for a little over a week. We were able to serve with a ministry I have worked with for the last three summers and see a small part of the state I love so much.
  • Beat my sisters to Alaska
    • Spring Break 2010-My first trip to Alaska. It was over three years until any of my sisters went. 
  • See the Aurora Borealis
    • I saw a small set outside a plane window spring break 2012. But  I am still waiting to see them in their full glory. 
  • See Nome in the summer
    • Sort of. I was there in May of 2013. But not the truly gorgeous part of the summer. Can't wait for that day. 
  • Go bungee jumping
    • Nope still waiting
  • Learn to fly
    • Haven't even begun to think about this one. It is still on the list though!
  • Have residency in Alaska
    • Not yet. Hopefully soon. I don't know exactly where I am going but every part of me hopes Alaska is part of the plan soon. 
  • Visit every continent (including Antarctica)
    • Still only been to two. North America, and Europe.
  • Fill up a passport
    • The last time I went out of the country they wouldn't even stamp it!
  • Go skydiving
    • This is one I want to do so bad! But I haven't really found someone to do it with me yet. Which is unfortunate.
Now to add a few things to the list.  

  • Travel to Africa with ISF
  • Take the ferry up the inside passage
  • Try all of the favorite Native Foods, even stinky foot
  • Learn about other cultures by building relationships with people who have grown up in other parts of the world
My bucket list for my year in Oregon.

  • See crater lake
  • Watch the Goonies then see the beach where it was filmed
  • Develop deep relationships with students and help bring them closer to Christ
  • See at least 3 of the waterfalls I have heard so much about 
  • Go skiing on the West Coast
  • Explore Seattle
  • Take at least five random road trips to explore the area I am in 

No comments:

Post a Comment