Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 6, 2011

This weekend another Aggie and I had a great group of high school girls as our small group.  While I was looking over the lessons last week, I thought they where good and all but I wasn't really sure what to do on preparing.  When we got there I was supper blessed to not have to worry about encouragaing conversation.  These girls just had questions and comments from whatever scripture we read.  I know in some small groups the leader carries the whole conversation, for one I did not want it to be that way this weekend.  And it wasn't.  I was so encouraged and blessed it was amazing.  Yes I am functioning off of 12 hours of sleep from the last two nights and lots of caffine.  I could have had more sleep, but I would have missed getting to know some of the things I know about these girls in Waller. I would have missed the blessing of hearing them talk about their struggles, or sitting on the bed laughing and learning about their life.

Long story short, I had a great weekend, it has made my life a little more difficult for the next couple of days but I wouldn't change it for anything.  So I guess I have a couple prayer requests.
  • Pray for the students of Waller that they would not just have this awesome weekend and then go back to their normal lives and not apply what they learned.
  • Pray for the leadership of Waller Baptist Church that they would be able to continue to build off of what the students learned this weekend.
  • Pray for me as I work the first part of this week to get all my homework done.  And packed for Alaska.
  • Pray that God would prepare me for what He wants to do in me while I am in Nome. 
  • Pray for the people of Nome and the surrounding villages, the visitors coming to watch the Iditarod, and the Iditarod volunteers, that we would be able to show Christ's love to them effectively.
I am supper excited about this trip and I can't wait to share what God does with you all.  I promise I will update at least once while I am gone.  And if you are lucky there might even be pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment